VitXi: Limit 250 WebRTC Clients by server, what to do if we want 950 clients?

Hello dear team

We are going to lauch a big project that could require more than 950 VitXi WebRTC Clients.

1. Will we be obliged to have 3 Servers for that (250 clients by server) ?
  2. If so, the 3 servers should be in the High Availability scenario or each server can work independently?

Best regards

1. Running 950 endpoints on a single server can work. However, if it’s mission critical then I would anyway split it in multiple servers.
  2. The 3 servers shouldn’t be HA, since it’ll just replicate. I’d do extensions 100-399 on Server-A, 400-699 on Server-B 700-999 on Server-C and then use internal trunks to interconnect them.
1 Like

Thanks for the clarification.

Then our Carreer plus offers us only 250 extensions, so if we want more, do we need a new VitXi licence (that we didnt find on the web site VitalPBX Add-Ons Modules | VitalPBX - Advanced PBX System) or we will be obliged to buy a new Carreer Plus Licence?

Then what should be the function of the trunk that will interconnect them instead of let each server work independently?

Best regards

1 Like

AFAIK, you will need a license for each server.

You will need to set the patterns on the outbound routes to match the extension range of the other servers and match to correct trunk. You will also need to enable Intra-Company.

For example, on PBX-A you would need 2 outbound routes:

Name: Route to PBX-B
Pattern: [4-6]XX
Trunk: PBX-B

Name: Route to PBX-C
Pattern: [7-9]XX
Trunk: PBX-C

And so with the rest

2 Likes

You are the boss,

Thanks a lot dear

@PitzKey

Can please help to check this question also ?

Thanks in advance

@PitzKey
What if need a single reporting, recording , Switchboard
Can the Addons work on split server and combine the all 3 servers

If you have a super-server with good CPU Speed, Bandwidth, and dedicated resources, you can try hosting the 950 in a single server.

Additionally, in the latest version, we remove the reverse proxy and this now allows a better performance for this app.

2 Likes

Hello dear @miguel , thanks for the clarification.

We are able to get a bigger server with like 64GB RAM minimum and 2Terra SSD

But last question to clarify is, as it seams like the Career Plus Licence allows only 250 VitXi Clients, what should we do then if we get bigger server that can supports 500+ Clients?

Best regards

1 Like

Nope! As far as I know, the Carrier Plus and Call Center Plan allow unlimited devices. The Enterprise plan is the one limited to 250 devices.

2 Likes

Consider the CPU/Clock Speed and threads of your new server. Those properties are essential for Asterisk.

The clock speed should be greater than 4GHZ.

hello dear @miguel

Thanks a lot, i was wrong thinking there was limitation!

Thanks

Hello dear @miguel

Thanks for the clarification!
Our actual server’s specifications are bellow:

Hardware

CPU
Intel Xeon-E 2386G - 6c/12t - 3.5 GHz/4.7 GHz

RAM
32 Go ECC 3200 MHz

Storage

2×512 Go SSD NVMe
Soft RAID

Can you help to know if it’s enough to handle 950 VitXi Clients and manage 500+ Concurent Calls?

If not, what could be best upgrade based on above infos?

Best regards

1 Like

I’d be very interested on whether that specification or similar can take that amount of VitXi clients. Concurrent calls you can use the concurrent call script to test the specification.