${VM_MESSAGEFILE} returns a null value.

Hello,

Placing ${VM_MESSAGEFILE} in a VM email appears to only be returning a null value.

-Bryan

What version of VitalPBX are you using?
I Perform a test and in the current version it’s displayed correctly.

Thanks for checking into it. I was at 3.1.1-1. Just upgraded to 3.1.1-2, but to no avail. I also tried putting a second instance in another position in the email, and that also shows a null value.

Just as a quick sanity check, I changed the email address to a different provider entirely just to make sure that it wasn’t some sort of aggressive filtering, but the URL is still not appearing.

I guess that variable is not available. To receive the voicemail file, you just need enabling the Voicemail attachment in the desired extension.

Thanks Miguel,

The interest in doing so is to allow my CRM to parse the email to retrieve the link and add it to a CRM record with a matching phone number.

-Bryan

There’s an API to retrieve voicemail per extension.

Hi Miguel,

Yes. I already have it working in Postman. :slightly_smiling_face:

TBH, what I’d really love to see is if VitalPBX interfaced with Zoho’s PhoneBridge API. The API is stupid simple:

https://www.zoho.com/phonebridge/developer/v3/authentication.html

The thing that sucks (for me, at least) is that they only give access to it to cloud or software-based PBXs or other companies who are in a telephony related field. They have a signup for it here… just in case you’re interested… lol:

https://www.zoho.com/phonebridge/

And heck… what better way would there be to prove how robust the API is?

Currently I run my softphone through Zadarma’s PBX for $6 a month as a frontend for VirtualPBX just so a can have the PhoneBridge capabilities, and the Zadarma implementation, while mostly functional, leaves a lot to be desired tbh.

I’d much rather just run through my VPBX server of course.

Lol… looks like I just Hijacked my own thread.

Lemme know if you’re interested. I’m pretty familiar with their OAuth2 authentication, and their other APIs if that would be of any help in that regard.

-Bryan