VitXi Mobile & VitalPBX Mobile Push Registration issue on iOS

Well actually the app will show up the name of the contact associated with the SIP number that is calling.

So, for example, if you receive a call from 2000 and you have a contact saved in your device within that SIP number the app going to show his contact name and if is saved in lower case it will show as is.

In other case if you don’t have a contact with that SIP number the app will show only the SIP number that’s coming from server side.

BTW, there is a new app version ready to download, cloud you update and tell us how it’s working?

I am still experiencing problems with VitXi on iOS.

“Ring Device” - “Send Push” - “Vitxi Client” are turned on in the tested extension settings.

When i scan the QR code the app registers as expected.
I completely close the app and place my mobile
When i make a the first call from a fixed phone to the app and the app appears to work.

When i pick-up the call from it works fine, then i stop the call by hanging up and try to call again (few seconds later) , VitXi doesn’t show up at all.
Then i wait for about a couple of minutes, it works again.

As you will understand I checked all of the setting…

There seems to be a issue with the push message after a call…

What can i do to solve this, because my customers can’t rely on this solution for receiving call…

We deprecated VitXi in favor of the VitalPBX Mobile app.

Download the VitalPBX Mobile app and make sure to open the port 3500-3501/TCP in any firewall in front of the VitalPBX server. Additionally, remember to enable the option “Send Push” in the device that you want to use for the mobile app.

We recommend creating a dedicated account for mobile devices, so you shouldn’t use the same account for desktop phones or any other softphone.

Can somebody provide me with te right link to te newest app on the iOS app store?

Because i am trying to use this app:
https://apps.apple.com/sa/app/vitalpbx-mobile/id1539798132#?platform=iphone

But this one doesn’t work at all if the screen of my iPhone is turned off.
Doesn’t make a difference if the app is running in the background or not…
Not recieving any incomming calls. (only recieving calls if the app is running in the foreground)
I have checked all the settings on my iPhone and turned on “Send Push” on the extension.
The app is the only device on this user.

port 3500-3501/TCP are open on the server/firewall

See here:

Echoing this issue, looks like if the app is closed or in the background it no longer is registered on the dashboard. The system then does not send a call to the app unless the app is on and in the foreground.

Hi @jony, is the push server whitelisted to be able to access your PBX?

Yep, has been, and they register just fine so long as the app is left open. If you minimize it, go to another app, anything really and it no longer is registered. Which to Vpbx shows as no extension registered and thus it goes straight to voicemail.

Did you really uninstall the old app and install the new one?

I have the same issue, the server shows no contact info in Reports PJSIP endpoints as soon as you close the app on your andriod phone, when you open the app you will see the PJSIP contact info.
When the app is closed I see a icon at the top (VitalPBX mobile push) and a number 1 besides the app icon but the server looses the contact info.
3.212.223.16 is in whitelist are there other ports or address’s needed open. Geo firewall is on with Canada/US open.

Distro CentOS Linux release 7.9.2009 (Core)
Kernel 3.10.0-1160.53.1.el7.x86_64
Asterisk 18.6.0
VitalPBX 3.1.5-4

[root@ptpbx3 ~]# asterisk -rx"database show devices/PJSIP/204"
/devices/PJSIP/204/assigned_exten : 204
/devices/PJSIP/204/emergency_cid :
/devices/PJSIP/204/hot_desk : no
/devices/PJSIP/204/location : 1
/devices/PJSIP/204/push_id : [“fjw-dlf6SLyQOVJIfZUaqB:APA91(removed area)IoJU7kknQXC-d”]
/devices/PJSIP/204/send_push : yes
/devices/PJSIP/204/tenant : 6d82a1b5a48e9e32
7 results found.

Could you send a screenshot of the app installed on your Mobile? Additionally, can you also send a screenshot of the Extension configurations?

When app is closed I see this but can not receive call

@GaryC Do you have any other phone device connected to the same account that is using the mobile app?

No only 1 cell phone connecting to this account. It was working a while back but stopped working I think it was after a pbx update but not completely sure.

I deleted the app and reinstalled, it kept the account settings so I deleted the account and reconnected using the QR code FQDN. it now works but the reports show an old contacts in red, when app is off it has 2 contacts when app is on 3 contacts. but its working for now.

Hi there,

we also seem to be having issues with the mobile app, on Android and iOS. as long as the app is in the foreground and open the app will wing and remain contactable on the PBX reports, but on Android, as soon as I switch apps and put VitalPBX Mobile into the background, it is no longer contactable and the push notifications do not work so calls are missed. It is a similar issue with the iOS app. The app in the foreground works perfectly, but as soon as it is in the background, it stops being contactable and the device begins getting push registration errors. I saw somewhere that this is a known issue? We are looking to replace our ageing platform with VitalPBX, all the additional features are ace! The only thing that is holding us back is the mobile app and the push notifications. I have read this forum post and tried everything mentioned and still no joy, sadly. does anyone have any other advice?

Did you do as GeryC and uninstalled and installed the App again?

Hi mo10,

I have done the same as GeryC, I have completely removed the app and reinstalled it on Android and iOS, I can test the push service on an android device by disabling the account, going to the advanced settings in that account and pushing the test push service button, and I get a Push call received OK, message. if I do the same on iOS, I get nothing back.

On iOS and Android, after locking the device or pushing the app to the background I can not receive calls, on iOS I additionally get a, failed to register with Push service message.

I have included a screenshot of my was firewall settings just in case and obfuscated my trunk’s IP

Extension config:

I do have another device attached to this extension but it is currently disconnected, therefore it is not registering:

With the mobile app in the background:

With the mobile app in the foreground:

I think I read somewhere that the app needs to de-register like this for the push notifications to behave correctly, but I don’t seem to be getting them at all.

I am running on the free community version of VitalPBX if that matters at all?

Thanks,

Paul