VitalPBX provisioning module issues

Hello,

I have found an issue regarding the VitalPBX provisioning module.
A device (Fanvil X4) is already provisioned and the PJSIP extension is registered.
When the name on the PJSIP extension is modified, the device does not update the name of the PJSIP extension.
This can only be done manually by opening the provisioned device and clicking on Update and then Reprovision.

Can someone please help with this issue?

Also, would it be possible to update all provisioned devices $mac.cfg devices on an hourly schedule with a cronjob using a script or a command?

Thanks and best regards, Klemen

You can set on the phone how frequent it should check for new configuration.

Sure, but this will not fix the first issue he has.

Can you please elaborate on why it wouldn’t fix his issue?

Because of this:

When the name on the PJSIP extension is modified, the device does not update the name of the PJSIP extension.

If you change the name on an extension then just a provisioning request by the phone will not work.
Changes in the extension name don’t seem to be saved into the config file right away.

He said:

This can only be done manually by opening the provisioned device and clicking on Update and then Reprovision.

So your suggesting will fix part 2 of his question but not part 1. But it’s a 50% fix which is better then 0%. So thanks.

Other 50% might need to be done by VitalPBX-Team.

It could be that this is an issue but I would test it to confirm.

VitalPBX does not have provisioning files, it gets generated on the fly with the data directly from the DB.

So, I would test it by changing a name on the PBX, then log in to the phone and click to provision to see if it pulls the new name.

That is what he did an ask how to fix it.

Where do you see that? OP said that he sent the reprovision request from the PBX. Unless I’m missing something

Right here:

Think this issue was mentioned before in the forums.

Just checked it again with latest 3.2.3-4

ConfigurationFile is NOT updated when name is changed in extension-menu.
Going to Provisioning in the VitalPBX Gui and then hitting “update” is needed to update the ConfigurationFile.

Thank you all for the help on this topic.

The provisioning on all phones is done by the hour so this is not an issue.

To clarify the issue, the mac.cfg files which are created upon adding or updating the provisioned device are not updated by making changes in the extensions module.
My temporary fix is to export all provisioned devices and then import the generated .csv file, which seems to recreate all the mac.cfg files. But I believe that the mac.cfg files should be update automatically by the PBX.

Also, does anyone have knowledge regarding this: Would it be possible to update all provisioned devices $mac.cfg devices on an hourly schedule with a cronjob using a script or a command?

Thank you!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.