Upgrade to version 3.x

Trying to do an upgrade to the newer version, … so made a new vm and wanted to restore the backup from the old machine.

However when I make a backup of the old machine the size of the backup is about 3.2GB in size. However when I want to restore that backup…

afbeelding

First of all, you have to make a backup from Admin> Tools> Backup & Restore and create a new backup that may not include voicemails, in order to reduce the backup space, you can also enter the SSH console and try to delete some records, old recordings, and some other files. You can see more information about the backups here: Backup & Restore - VitalPBX Wiki

But what if I want to keep all the data. I remember doing a manual extract on ssh at some point in the past.

You can resto from SSH. Run:

vitalpbx restore-backup /path/to/file

The wording may not exactly be ‘backup-restore’, run vitalpbx without any arguments to see the exact command.

Edit - thanks @ddavila for providing the correct command

Yes, it’s vitalpbx restore-backup /path/to/file

1 Like

[root@pbx ~]# vitalpbx restore-backup vitalpbx-1628101225.tar
PHP Fatal error: Uncaught InvalidArgumentException: The provided file vitalpbx-1628101225.tar doesn’t ex
ists in /usr/share/vitalpbx/scripts/backup_and_restore:0
Stack trace:
#0 {main}
thrown in /usr/share/vitalpbx/scripts/backup_and_restore on line 0
Done
[root@pbx ~]#

nevermind need to provide the actual path ./ isn’t enough

It didn’t work for you using ./? try putting the backup in a folder.

@Ofloo,

You have to use the full path when restoring from Linux CLI. you can upload the backup file to the “/tmp/” folder for instance using an SFTP client.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.