I tested an inbound call that I picked up on mobile app to transfer to desk phone.
When I press … then transfer I expected the call to be put on hold (like it is when transferring on a desk phone). This is not the case. The caller can still hear the mobile end.
I then click the favourite for the extension I want to transfer to and click transfer and nothing happens.
I then tried putting on Hold and then transferring via favourite and same thing happened.
I then tried … transfer (once again no MOH to caller - still hearing mobile app side) and then dialing extension to no avail. Also hold, transfer, dial extension did not work.
Am I doing something wrong or is this a known bug?
Phone is Samsung Galaxy S7 running latest app (downloaded fresh today) v1.2.1 on Vital PBX version 3.2.3-6
Is anyone else having this issue?
Have you tried using the Asterisk Feature codes?
*2 Attendant Transfer
#1 Blind Transfer
The difference here is that you have to enter the number manually.
VitalPBX 3. Using the VitalPBX app, transfer to an extension works just fine. (Not favorites)
I tested again yesterday. So, it seems the procedure is this:
- Call comes in to the mobile app.
- Answer on App
- Press Hold (caller hears MOH
- Press three dots and press transfer
- Dial extension number (do not use favourites)
- Call is blind transferred to destination.
To Attend transfer the first way I got it to work was:
- Call comes in
- Answer on App
- Press Hold (caller hears MOH)
- Press + to add a call (and get dial pad back up)
- Talk to extension and ask if they will accept
- Hang up from extension (this will immediately bridge caller back into call)
- Press three dots and press transfer (note that caller is NOT hearing MOH here but rather the microphone of my phone)
- Dial the extension number and when extension picks up the call is bridged, and my app is hung up.
Alternatively, if you can remember dial codes then (sorry I only just thought to try this and it works)
- Call comes in and is answered on app
- Press hold (caller hears MOH)
- Press keypad button (this is where I had a brain fart and couldn’t work out how to use *2)
- Dial *2 and extension number (*210001 for example)
- You will hear a prompt saying something about transfer (I missed what it said cos I’m in a hurry)
- Other extension rings
- Talk between extensions as the caller hears MOH
- Hang up on Mobile App and call is bridged to other extension as expected.
Can i make a feature request to have the transfer button do the following:
- Put caller on Hold (no need to press Hold then three dots removing 1 step)
- When pressing transfer pop the option of blind or attended
- Work with favourites or be able to select internal extensions without needing to remember the numbers
I’m happy to put this request in the right spot in forum when i find it …
I’m hoping this will help someone in the future or who is currently struggling with this.
Thanks PitzKey and miguel