Transfer to Voicemail

In a previous ticket (Transfer Direct to Voicemail) there was a discussion on how to transfer directly to voicemail. I tried the method and it works well.

Here is my issue. The previous PBX allowed for them to create a “Transfer to Voicemail” button. I would like to simplify the process for the operator by providing something similar. They are using Yealink T46G phones.

I attempted to create a speed dial button that dial *95*. The plan was that they would hit Transfer > Speed dial button > Extension BLF. The problem is that Vital completes the dial after the last digit of the speed dial (the second *).

Any thoughts or tips

You may want to look into EDK button. I have used this feature to add an Intercom button on the bottom row before the history button

You can see more in the link below. I may try to add this functionality to a button since I think this is something some of my customers may want. If I do I will post the code I used, I may not have time to work on it till the weekend.

Yealink Forums - EDK Macro Help text**

1 Like

********** PLEASE WAIT I THINK I MADE A MISTAKE **********
I changed the line softkey.4.action = *95$P2N4$ to softkey.4.action = 95$P2N4$$Trefer$

Also for some reason its taking out the *95 and the * after it.

Here is more info on EDK

If you are using provisioning you need to add to the custom section.
Find the EDK section.

I have two custom buttons you can skip or modify this as needed
This effect the buttons on the bottom of the screen. The first its an intercom button.
I will write the line number and hopefully explain what it does
1 - This enabled the fuctionality
2 - EDK prompts are popup that happen when you press a button
3 - Enabling prompt 1 for my intercom fuction
4 - This is what displays in the Prompt – Intercom : _______
5 - type of data
6 - Visible shows what you enter. You may not want it to be visable for a passcode

7- This is enabling a softkey
8 The label on the button
9 - The position it will shift all default buttons over
10 - The action will dial *83 (for paging) plus P1 (The data entered in EDK 1) N4 - up to 4 digits (my extension lenght)
11- The button will show up in the idle state of the phone (not on a call)
12 - The dial tone part I am not sure about but it was in the tutorial I followed

I then repeat it with EDK 2
17 - configuring the button in position 4
20 - I dial *95 plus the info entered in EDK 2 up to 4 digits
21 - It wont be in position 4 when the phone is idle
23 - It will be in position 4 while on a call (you may have to press the more button on the bottom to see it)

#######################################################################################

EDK

#######################################################################################
##EDK Soft Keys(X ranges from 1 to 10)

features.enhanced_dss_keys.enable = 1
edk.id_mode.enable = 1
edk.edkprompt.1.enable = 1
edk.edkprompt.1.label = Intercom
edk.edkprompt.1.type = numeric
edk.edkprompt.1.userfeedback = visible
softkey.1.enable = 1
softkey.1.label = Intercom
softkey.1.position = 1
softkey.1.action = *83$P1N4$
softkey.1.use.idle = 1
softkey.1.use.dialtone = 1
edk.edkprompt.2.enable = 1
edk.edkprompt.2.label = VoicemailTransfer
edk.edkprompt.2.type = numeric
edk.edkprompt.2.userfeedback = visible
softkey.4.enable = 1
softkey.4.label = VMXfer
softkey.4.position = 4
softkey.4.action = 95$P2N4$$Trefer$
softkey.4.use.idle = 0
softkey.4.use.dialtone = 0
softkey.4.use.on_talk = 1

1 Like

@TCE couple of options you can do, one change the feature code directly instead of *95 have it be * or ** or #, then your users will just hit Transfer → Press * and then the BLF key of the extension you want to send callers to their voicemail.

Second option if you dont want to touch the default feature codes ( I usually just leave them as default) Create a speed dial list, your speedial code as a simple character + extension that actually dials *95*EXTENSION.

Here is an example, exporting the speed dial format.

It does the same thing, you users can now transfer to the speed dial, example press * on the phone and then the BLF key for 100. Phone dials *100, system dials 95100 for you so reach the users vm directly as well.

This can also be done as a custom application if you prefer, you set the code and then set the destination to be VOICEMAIL Direct, Busy or Unavailable of the extension you want…

1 Like

THANKS to @Dovid_Gottheil and @hlev for the excellent solutions.

I knew there was definitely more than one way to solve this issue. Love the out-of-the-box thinking.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.