Although I’m a noob - I know how to route calls.
That said - I have been having the strangest issues - could be a bug or my server is freaking somehow.
One issue I had (which I figured out how to resolve was having or not having a 1 before the DID - whereas if people didn’t dial the one the call wouldn’t connect - whereby I started putting in two routing entries for each DID (one with a 1 and one without) - when then later I realized I could instead write ‘!XXXXXXXXXX’ - which seemed like a great idea - however while this does work - now when I add a new route and it goes somewhere else aka a different extension.
If I mess with this enough and continuously delete and readd the routes - eventually I can get it routed to the correct extension - which seems like complete foolishness. aka I’m spending upwards of an hour+ messing around adding routes and testing and deleting and readding and testing to see if I can eventually get the call routed to the extension.
Maybe the DID pattern has nothing to do with this - I only mention as it seems that my starting to use this had something (I think maybe) to do with the fact that its nearly impossible for me to route a DID to the correct extension. I tried reloading and restarting the asterisk core. I will reboot the box after hours today - maybe this is just a strange abnormally and will go away once I do.