Registration with Domain

Hello Team,

there is a possibility of registration with domain not with an ip ?

Because on the site of vitalpbx security it said :

" VitalPBX allows us the option of only allowing registration of devices that have configured the domain of our server, this means that if a device tries to register with the ip it can not do it."

if yes how can i do it or how can i dot it ?

Thank you…

Meaning registering against a FQDN instead of an IP? Yes.

Can you please link the site you are referring to?

You will need a FQDN that resolves to your server. Unless I am misunderstanding your question.

Hello @PitzKey

Hi @f.toumi,

That is a feature of the SIP protocol. You can go to the SIP Settings, and under the Security tab, you can define the list of valid domains.

1 Like

@miguel open ssl work ?

I don’t know what you mean!

As mentioned, you can.

juste i want a documentation how to do

Say your external IP is 0.9.8.7, set up an A record on your domain to point to that address.

You can also use the local internal IP if you only have local phones.

1 Like

Need ssl certificate ? selfSigned WORK ?

No you don’t need.

But if you want a certificate, you can generate on the PBX a LE cert.

1 Like

Ok its work i add my fqdn in system setting—>general then i putt my fqdn and then i can register my device with QR code but the only issue im still register with the public ip of my pbx, i want to register only with my fqdn

Im using PJSIP.

Did you add the FQDN in the PBX settings?

yes its works i can register my device with FQDN and public ip too, i want only allow registration by domain not by public IP because my demande work with sip not with pjsip.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.