NoCDR in queue dialplan

Hi there!

Reading the dialplan, I see that there is a NoCDR in each and every queue I had created using the GUI, question is: Is there an specific reason why there is a NoCDR in line 16 of each queue? Do we know what is this for or if there is a reason for this to be set like that?

regards,

https://docs.asterisk.org/20/_Dialplan_Applications/NoCDR/

Likely to avoid duplicate records

With that bring said, NoCDR is deprecated, we need to use:

https://docs.asterisk.org/20/_Dialplan_Functions/CDR_PROP/#generated-version

1 Like

Hey!! thanks for your quick reply. Not only it is avoiding duplicate records, but it is skipping registering calls altogether for some calls.
When calls arrive and their route points to a queue, this record is simply not registered. Sometimes these calls get recorded in CDR, sometimes they don’t and I would like to find out more, I can see the calls logged in /var/log/asterisk/full, one other thing is that an inbound call will only get recorded if their final destination varies from a queue, meaning that if there is a condition that takes the call out of the queue, say for instance, a voicemail box, then there is a CDR record, otherwise, if the call terminates with an agent interaction from a queue, it will not leave a CDR record, Why?

1 Like

That is exactly what still happening with me, not only calls directed to queues, but also IVR and announcements not recorded in the CDR too.

each call that reach the system or any destination should appear in the CDR report. if we are testing calls that comes to queue directly (with ring other than MOH) or IVR, we don’t know until we know that IVR welcome message.

Explain the call flow with a diagram or at least the step by step.

For me, A call goes to time condition and if condition met during office hours, it should go to queue to ring members there (the case is there is no available (logged-in) members and the call last in the queue for some tile till the caller hangs up the calls) .
And if the condition not met, it will direct to an announcement ( to play out of office message) then hangs up the call.

That is a simple real call flow scenario.

Hi again! Here is step by step:

1. Person dials number that has an inbound route into the the system.
  2. Phone call comes in and gets directed to a queue by the Final Destination section of the queue config.
  3. Agent picks up the call and it gets terminated by the caller or agent in normal conditions.
  4. Call does not get recorded in CDR.

Second scenario is this:

1. Person dials number that has an inbound route into the the system.
  2. Phone call comes in and gets directed to a queue by the Final Destination section of the queue config.
  3. Agent never picks up the call and it gets routed to VM.
  4. Call gets recorded in CDR.

You have a Queue that uses another queue as Final Destination?

I am sorry, I meant to say in the Inbound Route, inbound destination section.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.