I am unable to get the Grandstream GXP1782 model to receive its provisioned VMPKs.
The information is simply not written into the configuration of the phone, but assigned extensions are, without a problem. It doesn’t matter if I specify them in the provisioning template, the code in the “Custom” window, or the individual provisioning settings. The VMPKs on the 1782 remain the default, unless I modify them in the GUI of the phone itself, which of course is what I want to avoid having to do.
- Fresh install of VitalPBX 3.2.3-2
- Created several dummy extensions
- Installed the provisioning module
- Updated GXP1782 firmware to latest 126.96.36.199
- Created a Grandstream provisioning template (the template defaults to 2170, so I immediately change it to the 1782), specify a few Fixed VMPKs and a few Dynamic VMPKs, and save
- Configured a specific phone to use the template
- Confirmed the phone receives only the designated extension, and not the VMPKs
- Changed the VMPKs in the phone-specific provisioning window, saved, then saved the parent provisioning template and reapplied the provisioning to the phone
- Manually set the VMPKs in the “Custom” window, saveds and reapplied the provisioning to the phone
- Visually confirmed the same P codes are being used in the GXP1782 template as what the phone is expecting.
The phone ignores any part of the provisioning file containing the VMPKs.
If I use the GXP2170 template instead for my 1782s, I have some success with the first eight VMPKs and at least the first Dynamic VMPKs (though the buttons are offset by the difference in phsyical keys on the 2170 and 1782.)
- Duplicated this across two pre-existing servers upgraded to VitalPBX 3.2.3-2
- Duplicated it on a fresh install of VitalPBX 3.2.3-2 on a Linode CentOS Linux release 7.9.2009.
- Removed the provisioning module using yum remove and reinstalled it
- Rebooted, reprovisioned, and factory reset the phone serveral times
The httpd log only shows:
[Phone IP Address] - - [28/Aug/2022:13:13:11 -0500] “GET /phoneprov/93a62ac9e684c64e/cfg.xml HTTP/1.1” 404 232 “-” “Grandstream Model HW GXP1782 SW 188.8.131.52 DevId 000b82a2f04e”
[Phone IP Address] - - [28/Aug/2022:13:13:12 -0500] “GET /vpbx-monitor/?EIO=3&transport=websocket HTTP/1.1” 503 299 “-” “Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_15_7) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/184.108.40.206 Safari/537.36”
[Phone IP Address] - - [28/Aug/2022:13:13:19 -0500] “GET /vpbx-monitor/?EIO=3&transport=websocket HTTP/1.1” 503 299 “-” “Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_15_7) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/220.127.116.11 Safari/537.36”
[Phone IP Address] - - [28/Aug/2022:13:15:26 -0500] “GET /phoneprov/93a62ac9e684c64e/cfg000b82a2f04e.xml HTTP/1.1” 200 199330 “-” “Grandstream Model HW GXP1782 SW 18.104.22.168 DevId 000b82a2f04e”