Multi Tenant - calls between tenants doesn't work

Hi,

We have MultiTenant in our VitalPBX (Carrier Plus 3.2.3-7 | Asterisk 18.12.1-1) and when some extension in Tenant B try to make a call to a number inside a range of the Main Tenant , we receive this alert:

No such extension/context …@T2-outbound while calling Local channel

If the call gona to another number inside the same range works.

The number that we cant’s reach from Tenant B, we can make a call from Main Teanant.

Example:

Main Tenant: Tenant B

Extensions: Extensions:
1XX 3XX
2XX 4XX

When extension 310 (Tenant B) try to make a call to extension 210 (Main Tenant) we receive this:

When extension 310 (Tenant B) try to make a call to extension 260 (Main Tenant) works without problems.

The outbound route from Tenant B to the Main Tenant are allowing all numbers like XXX.

We can send log’s in private message.

You cannot make calls to the extensions of the Main Tenant. When you use Tenant Trunks, the main tenant is used as Gateway for outbound calls.

1 Like

This is a peer support forum, it is recommended to share logs using pastebin or if it’s just a few lines, use pre-formatted text so other peers can easily read it.

Feel free to obfuscate your logs before sharing.

How we can configure trunks between Tenants for calls between extensions of Tenant’s works?

Hi,

This log is from a call from an extension 380 in Tenant B to extension 260 in other internal asterisk conected to vitalPBX with route in Main Tenant.
This call works without problems.

This log is from a call from an extension 380 in Tenant B to extension 294 in other internal asterisk conected to vitalPBX with route in Main Tenant.
This call doesn’t be done with success.

Trunk from Tenant_B_to_Main_Tenant:

I already added a route with 2XX to be more specific but it still didn’t work.

OutBound route from Tenant B to Main Tenant:

@jppedrosa Have you found a solution to this problem? We are experiencing the exact same problem with our multi-tenant instances and have not yet figured out how to configure them so tenant1 can dial user extensions in tenant2 and vice versa. Anyone have a working solution? Please advise. Thanks in advance.

Being able to dial between tenants defeats the entire idea of Multi Tenant…

1 Like

If we have two different companies with VoIP service in different tenants in the same VitalPBX, they never could make calls between them.

The idea of “cut down operating costs” are only in hardware and software and not in call’s bettewn teanant’s?

Our main idea was configure diferent deppartments inside of ourr company each in diferent Tenants to prevent that they could saw the history calls from anothers.

I think that could be a huge feature, allow calls bettwen Tenants. We could save some maney instead of route calls to our service provider when the destination are in the Teanant in other side inside VitalPBX

Again, multi tenancy means complete isolation one from another. In fact, it allows you to have the same extension numbers on different tenants. How in the world do you expect this to magically work if you have the same extension number on two tenants?

VitalPBX allows you to route internally any DID from one tenant to another. So it doesn’t cost you any money calling from one tenant to another.

I check the CRD in our Tenant B, and I saw this:

I had checked all trunks and cant’s find “T5_default-trunk”

If the extensions in Tenant B can make call make calls to the extensions in Main Tenant, why you doens’t allow calls from Main Tenant to others Tenants , like Tenant B?

We bought the Multi Tenant license because we had thought that it would be possible to make calls between Tenants.

I had configured diferent range extensions between Tenant for each internal department to prevent this. Evean in this scenario, we couldn’t work?

As you said @PitzKey, If the VitalPBX can route internal DID between Tenant’s , this would works, right?

This indicates that your routes are misconfigured, which, from what it looks like, you configured an any match pattern on your Tenant’s outbound route, so any non existent extension will try to route through that route which will eventually end up to the main tenant as that’s used for the primary routing point.

No where does it say that you can do that. A quick inquiry with the sales team prior to purchasing would also confirm that.

It can, but just because it can doesn’t mean it should!

Again, if you allow calling between tenants you defeat the purpose of isolation and segregation.

If you map the extension ranges as DIDs, yes it should work.

Route from Main Tenant to Tenant B

OubToub route from Tenant B

What are you trying to show here?

The routes between the Main Tenant and Tenant B are ok and should work

The main tenant cannot be treated as a tenant.

I thought tenant to tenant dialing was supported. There was a thread on it which appears to be from the CEO at VitalPBX. How to dial extensions internally between the tenants? and a video explaining how to set this up: Does VitalPBX offer a Multi-Tenant Solution?
So, is tenant to tenant dialing by extension supported? I am confused by your response “No where does it say that you can do that. A quick inquiry with the sales team prior to purchasing would also confirm that.” When indeed the above two links appear to state that you can. Please advise.

1 Like

Tenant to tenant calls cannot be done without creating a route between the two, as mentioned above.

Ok, that is what we thought and is understood. However, the problem appears to be in the “how to” do this… we followed the instructions in the documentation and links shown above and it appears @jppedrosa has also BUT tenant to tenant is not working for him and is not working for us. We are both seeing very similar issues. Hence, why I replied to this thread. Is there any more detailed documentation or videos on how to setup tenant to tenant extension dialing? We both seem to have routes between the two tenants but calls are NOT getting routed. So what are we missing?

1 Like