Moving from one server to another, best practices.

All,
I want to move a commercial license instant from 1 physical server to another. I was cautioned by a friend who also uses VitalPBX that I can’t just install and recover from a backup, Can someone confirm this, or can someone give me proven step by step process to achieve this goal?

Backup and restore should be possible. If file is too large upload (scp) it and use restore command. See FAQ here in the forums.

License: you should revoke the license on old server then. Push of a button.

3 Likes

Followed that and had a few bumps but now Vital is asking me to register and when I try to do so it hangs and sits there, never completes the task. I got an email claiming it was registered but it still pops up regularly.

Make sure the server has an internet connection!

is the old server off?

I just moved a couple of servers, pretty much without an issue. Some small little bits but nothing major

Thanks guys for the help both were helpful.
Apparently I tried to move mine while Vital was messing with the licensing service. I didn’t know this while doing the move but it sure did suck trying to fix crap that I had no control of.

Hey Vital, I love the product but could help if you guys could either provide a 24/7 support number, I wouldn’t mind paying more for the support for after hours as long as I could get someone on the phone ASAP to help me in my need. Even if it had a 4 hour response time, your support needs to be at the same level as your software, right now I think you are lacking in this this area.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.