Mark Cancelled Calls as Answered

Hello,

I realized that that even with Mark Cancelled Calls as Answered disabled, if the call was actually answered by another agent in the queue / ring group it will mark the call as answered (completed elsewhere),
After doing some research I found that asterisk default cancel cause is “completed elsewhere” and you can change it by adding the Q dial option, so I created a custom dial profile with the Q option but it still didn’t work since VitalPBX is only applying the custom dial profile when dialing the endpoint/peer and not when dialing the local channel which in our case is the channel sending the Cancel,
So I created a custom ring group which calls the local channel with the Q option and it works.

same => n,Dial(Local/102@T52_ring-group-dial/n&Local/104@T52_ring-group-dial/n,15,rtTU(clean-variables)Q(NO_ANSWER))

Can this please be implemented in he ring groups for when Mark Cancelled Calls as Answered is disabled, or can there perhaps be an additional option in the ring group to Not Mark Answered Calls as Answered Elsewhere ?

Thank you.

2 Likes

I would suggest even further, to perhaps allow selecting in a ring group or queue one of the custom dial profiles, and that should apply to the initial dial string as mentioned above.

2 Likes

Are the VitalPBX team considering adding this option?

The best would probably be like @PitzKey said, to allow adding custom dial options for ring groups, and custom queue options (like gosub etc.) for queues.

Thank you.

2 Likes

I had this issue today again as well. So +1 from me!

1 Like