Immediate redirect to queque with no automatic answer and manual pickup call from the agent

Hello.
I need to Immediately redirect external call to the queque with no automatic agent ring where it will manual pickup the call… how to do this?

I have created a queque number 01, incoming route to the queque 01, added as member an always offline agent, but when I try pickup a call queque from antoher voip agent device calling *801 or *701 , the system answer me “busy” and close the call

Tryed also with *0701 instead of *701 or *71… doesn’t work

VitalPBX 4.1.0-6
PBX Engine 18.23.1-1

You cant do targetting call pickup to a queue, its only to the extensions in the queue. So you would do *07+EXTENSIONRINGING. To do a group pickup *08, extensions must be configured to be in the same pickup group

Okay, clear. But I’m in a “cul-de-sac” situation. I receive calls and put them in the queue. Extension 2 rings automatically, but if extension 2 doesn’t answer or reject the call, the call remains on hold in the queque. How can I pick up the call manually to answer it?

If you want to do it directly from a phone you would dial *07+EXTENSION_NUMBER to do a direct pickup this will grab the call ringing that extension.

Also if you install the switchboard module see your queued calls and grab them from there using a queue widget or also just grab the calls from the extensions as well, assuming your user has the permissions to do so.

The detail I forgot to mention is that there is no other extension that can pick up the call. Extension 2 receives the call, which it rejects or doesn’t answer, and the caller remains in the queue. Extension 2 needs to pick up the call again. When I dial *072 (2 is my extension), I get a “call declined” message. I can’t use the switchboard, etc., because the user answers the call with a button on Streamdeck connected to the Companion app (bitfocus) that launches a bash script to pick up the call. (extension 2 is the only member of the pickup group). (and another bash script asks the PBX API every 5 seconds how many callers are active in the queue and sends a curl post to the Bitfocus app that marks another button on the Streamdeck as red if there are active callers, or green if there are none… so if the user see the button red, can press the other button to pickup the whaiting caller)

Please post your queue config to understand better what you have.

You cant do a direct pickup to your own extension, if you are supposed to answer the call then answer the call dont reject it, what is the point of rejecting the call and then later try to pickup the call again from the same extension, just let it sit in the queue and answer when you can. If you cant answer call for a while log out of the queues or be in DND so you dont get calls and then log back in or disable DND when you are ready to take calls again.

The queue will try to keep ringing the members based on the queue settings I dont really understand what you are trying to do.

OK.

It’s a live streaming event, it can’t interact like the office approach.

The problem is that during a live event, I can receive 10 calls at the same time, for example, and I will have the extension software with 10 calls ringing simultaneously :unamused:. Therefore, I think the solution is to always not answer and manually pick up the call (looking the button color if there is or not a call), sending any call directly to the queue without ringing the extension.

The problem is that during a live event, I can receive 10 calls at the same time, for example, and I will have the extension software with 10 calls ringing simultaneously :unamused:. Therefore, I think the solution is to always not answer and manually pick up the call (looking the button color if there is or not a call), sending any call directly to the queue without ringing the extension.

The point of the queue is to queue calls, if you have 10 calls and one extension to ring the extension will not ring with the 10 calls at the same time, they will be queued and served according to the time in which they reached the server, so first in first served, always based on your queue config. If you dont have the RING BUSY agents in your queue, you extension will only get calls when its not busy and the member timeout has finished if you where on call when another call is queued and the system trys to check your extensino status again. You can even control the wrap up time as well so after you answer a call you set an amount of time in which you will not answer any queued calls again until that alotted time has passed so the system will try to send you the next queued call only after that time passed.

Just saw you had edited that reply, what exactly are you using to answer the call?

The Vital API doesn’t provide an endpoint that will allow you answer a call, so unless your scripts are using custom code via AMI/AGI directly you wont answer the call with the API provided by them.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.