Distinctive ring for ring group

Hallo,
how can I set a distinctive ring (alert info) for a ring group? Cannot find it in the ring group settings.
Many thanks
Ilias

Currently there’s no way to set that in the ring group itself. You can request this feature under #wish-list

With that being said, you can set the alert-info with a custom dialplan prior to going to the ring group

Maybe you could use a Queue instead of Ring Group? It’s possible there.

Thank you very much for your answers. I hope I got that correctly.
I created a new custom dialplan file extensions__70-custom.conf with the following content

[ext-ringgroups] (+)
same => 312,n,SIPAddHeader(“Alert-Info:my_custom_string_here”)

which should extend the context [ext-ringgroups] from extensions__50-1-dialplan.conf

Would it be better instead to have the whole 312 (hypothetic number) group in a custom conf file like extensions__70-custom.conf :

[ext-ringgroups] (+)
exten => 312,1,NoOp(Ring Group: Test)
same => 312,n,SIPAddHeader(“Alert-Info:my_custom_string_here”)
same => n,Set(_IGNORE_DIVERSIONS=yes)
same => n,Set(_SKIP_PLAYBACK=TRUE)
same => n,Set(__SKIP_AA=TRUE)
same => n,Set(__SRC_APP=RG905)
same => n,Gosub(sub-set-call-vars,app-incoming,1)
same => n,Answer()
same => n,NoCDR()
same => n,Dial(Local/551@ring-group-dial/n&Local/555@ring-group-dial/n&Local/559@$
same => n,ResetCDR(ve)

or use the custom context module, create e.g. [cos-alert-info-custom] in the custom conf file
and delete 312 from the ring groups, install the custom contexts module and use it as a destination?

Perhaps I went too much in detail, I would understand in case I had no answers :slight_smile:

Many thanks in advance.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.