Cisco Phone Provisioning

Hey Community – Is there any workarounds for provisioning Cisco IP phones that works for anyone? I have like 3 Cisco Phones (great ones might I add) and I want to be able to use them on my home network I’m trying to create. Any input would be great!

Hello,
We are currently working on adding cisco phones for the provisioning system we hope to include this feature in the next update.

When is the next feature update?

I think it could be ready in the next couple of weeks can’t give you an exact date at the moment, we are also working on polycom if that is also of interest for you.

1 Like

Aww man, I wish I would have known. I literally overlooked a polycom and bought a grand stream 2170. Ok I might decide to just wait it out. Do you have any potential workarounds for the Cisco phones?

We are actually documenting on cisco to be able to add to the provisioning system so I’m afraid I can’t give you any tips for now please stay tuned for future updates.

Ok well sounds good! I look forward to seeing this happen. I literally was upset and had deleted the system lol,

Any word on this? I’m interested in Polycom.
https://community.vitalpbx.org/forums/topic/polycom-missing/

We are still working on it, we plan to include polycom phones provisioning in the next update.

Am I correct? Has this been added already? I do see some Polycom but I want to confirm with you.

Hello,

Yes polycom provisioning is already available in the latest update.

You can provision all cisco phones with Vital PBX. Send me and email at pabarnes3030@gmail.com and I’ll provide all the files needed.

I have Cisco 7962. Does anyone know how to connect them to VitalPBX (version 3 or 4). I have few devices and trying to figure out if I can use them with VitalPBX

we currently support the following models for provisioning
CP-7811, CP-7821, CP-7841, CP-7861, CP-8811, CP-8841, CP-8845
CP-8851, CP-8861, CP-8865

Can I expect more supported models in a future?

Cisco, unlike many other popular brands, design their products to work with CCM. So it’s hard to make them work perfectly with regular SIP standards.

Yes we are always adding more models for the provisioning add-on, we’ll analyze if it’s possible to add the 7962 model you mentioned

Hi
Cisco-7821-k9=v11 will this be supported, do i need to upload any Cisco firmware on vitalpbx to make this phone work ?