Changing Ringback tone from US to UK

Hi all,

I just wanted to see if anyone has any experience with making the change that I intend to do before I dive and do it.

I wish to change the default ringback tone from the US/International Ringback tone to a UK Ringback tone. I have seen that this can be done in the indications.conf file and changing the following:

[general]
country=us ; default location

to

[general]
country=uk ; default location

Do I have to reload or reboot anything after making this change, or is there an easier way to make this change in the GUI, I have not found one yet.

Thanks in advance.

You can configure the “tonezone” parameter on the SIP and PJSIP settings module.

Thanks @miguel

I already have the UK time zone selected in the SIP and PJSIP settings but that has not changed the Ringback tone to the UK tone:

PJSIP

SIP

Is this a bug then? Should I make the change in the indications.conf file for now? if so do I need to restart anything?

You can try restarting Asterisk.

systemctl restart asterisk

Hi @miguel

I have changed

[general]
country=us ; default location

to

[general]
country=uk ; default location

then restarted asterisk, and I am still getting the single tone US/international ringback tone instead of the UK two pulse Ringback tone. Is there an audio file that I need to replace by any chance?

Cheers

Check the Dial Profile assigned to your trunk and devices.

My Dial profile is set to Default

Try with none or modify the Default.

1 Like

Ah Perfect! thank you @miguel changing the Dial Profile to None on the trunk did the trick, Thank you!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.