Calendar Add-On

We’d love to see a calendar add-on that would allow you to:

• Create multiple local and remote calendars (Google, Microsoft etc)
  • Link a calendar to a time condition instead of a time group
  • Being able to set reoccurring events as well as an end date for the reoccurring events.
5 Likes

Thanks for your suggestion. Currently, our priority is VitalPBX 4, so we are not implementing new add-ons or features for VitalPBX 3.

Yeah, this is something I’d imagine will be developed from VPBX 4 and up.

This option would be amazing, so that I don’t have to do this any more :wink:

@digi As a note, if the whole day is going to be a holiday you dont need to set time at all and you can do ranges within the same month, 23 December to 31 December and then just a single day extra for Jan 1.

1 Like

Ahhh neat!!! good to know, I will have to try that out, thank you.

That’s a stellar idea, and it reflects a feature that’s standard in contemporary PBX systems. For clients handling a multitude of tenants, such an add-on would be particularly beneficial, saving significant amounts of time. It’s cumbersome to manually update holiday schedules for each tenant annually. A much more efficient approach would be to adjust dates once and have them cascade across the entire system.

Taking a leaf from FreePX book, the option to link to external calendars such as Google or Microsoft would be incredibly handy. This feature would allow for seamless integration with widely-used platforms, ensuring that the PBX system stays up-to-date with any external changes or entries in a calendar.

Similarly, drawing inspiration from Fusion, the ability to set global presets that can be adopted by each tenant would add another layer of convenience and automation. With this, holidays that shift from year to year could be updated in one fell swoop across the whole system.

In essence, whether it’s linking to an external calendar or establishing a parent calendar with global presets, the goal is to streamline processes, and these suggestions would be a significant leap forward for VitalPBX.

2 Likes