Assign a trunk to a custom context

We would like to assign a trunk to the ‘cos-all’ context. It is a tie trunk to another PBX & want to be able to dial extensions directly.

Looked at the custom context module but don’t need to create a new context, just assign a trunk to an existing one.

Don’t see a ‘custom’ file in the /etc/asterisk/vitalpbx directory & as expected if we make a manual change in the file system it is overwritten on the next save.

What is the best way to accomplish this?

TIA,
Matt

You can select the desired Class of Service/Context in the trunk itself.

After changing the CoS, you will get a warning; ignore it and press “I understand and confirm.”

@miguel mahalo for that, that doesn’t seem to change the context. Is there a way to do that?

asterisk_vitalpbx

The context “trk-2-in” contains the required dial-plan to route the call to the desired CoS.

You can see the context with the command below.

asterisk -rx"dialplan show trk-2-in"

I run the command but do not see the association with the class of service and the context the trunk is in.

If I wanted the trunk in the ‘cos-all’ context how would I specify that in the Class of Service?
I can’t find any documentation on this, can you please point me to it or explain a bit more?

-Matt

Not sure how to associate the context with the CoS.

Don’t you see the cos-all-trunk?

Have you at least tried your configurations after updating the trunk?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.