I would love to see more development on the API side. I have various needs for an API that would make life so much easier. For example, I have a ton of items to migrate from other systems, and API methods would save me an exorbitant amount of time.
Some items I would love to see are but not limited to:
-GET/POST/PUT extensions
-GET/POST/PUT Inbound routes
-GET/POST/PUT IVR objects
-GET/POST/PUT Queues
-GET/POST/PUT Ring groups
-GET/POST/PUT Time conditions
-GET/POST/PUT Users/connect users to extensions somehow.
Just wanted to put this out there incase my wish is able to be granted ![]()
We are in the same boat and really need this. Its a bit silly to not have these basics part of the API.
@vitalpbx team please do this!!
That’s something for the upcoming major release of VitalPBX!
Thanks, any idea on the release date?
It’s a full rebuild of VitalPBX to make it API first. A beta version was presented at the ITExpo 2026. However, we don’t have a specific release date. The only thing I can say is that is going to be this year!
Thanks, can we see the preview somewhere,please?
It was presented at the ITExpo 2026. There’s not online demo!
Can you please create one as a screencast?
Thanks
We really need this as well. We need the ability to change Extension names, set voicemail password, set email, add extensions, etc… This would make automating our Onboardings and Offboardings possible. Do you have any updated time frames, and can you share the screencast?
While you’re at it… Diversions via API calls. DND, Call Forward, Follow-Me, etc.
