AI Assistant add-on

Can an AI Assistant base its answers from the internet directly, rather than having all the possible questions in an uploaded file? I can’t figure this part out… Thank you.

If you don’t upload any files, it will try to get the answers from the internet!

Hi Miguel,
I have zero file, and in the description I explain to chatGPT to go get information on my own web site. It can’t find out anything and says that this information is not in the files that were uploaded (or no file were uploaded, I cant remember).

Your instructions might be wrong or you are using the incorrect AI model.

I used the following instruction:

Introduce yourself as NOVA, an artificial intelligence bot. You must get the information requested by crawling the website www.mywebsite.com first. Then if you can’t find anything, go online. Make sure your answers are short and concise.

I called, and asked a specific question about one of the items on www.mywebsite.com.
I received an email from the AI Assistant mentioning "User inquired about the emergency notification system for MyCompany but no relevant information was found in the provided files. Please assist further. "

I m using OpenAI bot

The AI cannot crawl info from websites.

Miguel, can you please be a little more specific?
You previously wrote “it tries to get the answer from the internet” ← Define “internet”

Are the limitation within VitalPBX conf file around the assistant model? Or is it fully open and limited by openAI Assistant platform (https://platform.openai.com/docs/assistants/quickstart) ?

You can tell the IA to get information about your company but not provide an URL to crawl. For this, your company must have a good SEO.