Vitalpbx4 - backup issue

Hello,

i am using 4.0.0-3 (latest debian version as of 2022-12-15).

Currently when i try to run the backup i get the following issue:

PHP Fatal error: Uncaught RuntimeException: tar: The following options were used after any non-optional arguments in archive create or update mode. These options are positional and affect only arguments that follow them. Please, rearrange them properly. tar: --exclude ‘/var/lib/vitalpbx/static/7f1ff988a0c60877/fax/’ has no effect tar: --exclude '/var/lib/vitalpbx/static/7f1ff988a0c60877/voicemail/’ has no effect tar: --exclude ‘/var/lib/vitalpbx/static/backup/’ has no effect tar: --exclude '/var/lib/vitalpbx/static/fax/’ has no effect tar: Exiting with failure status due to previous errors in /usr/share/vitalpbx/www/modules/backup_and_restore/backup_and_restore.php:0 Stack trace: #0 /usr/share/vitalpbx/scripts/backup_and_restore(0): modules\backup_and_restore\backup_and_restore::makeBackup() #1 {main} thrown in /usr/share/vitalpbx/www/modules/backup_and_restore/backup_and_restore.php on line 0

This issue also occurs whether fax / voicemail is included or excluded

Have you tried updating to the latest version?

This was addressed on VitalPBX v4 R5

1 Like

I tried update over the web interface:
→ “There are no available updates”
and over cli:
apt-get update
apt-get upgrade
restart

is there a way to upgrade an existing box from 4.0.0-3 to latest state?

You just have to search a little.

@miguel
i installed 4.0.0-7 from your description and now the backup works.
I tried also different combinations with includes and without includes, all worked fine.

Though one thing which was required for the update was:
chown www-data:vitalpbx /var/lib/vitalpbx/backup
since the /var/lib/vitalpbx/backup belonged to root (I am not fully sure if this was related to 4.0.0-3 or if i fumbled on the folder before manually).

Apart from that we did not experience any issues so far migrating from V3 to V4.

Thanks a lot, BTW your software is great :slight_smile:

Cheers, Sebastian

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.