Update error "Transaction Check error: unixODBC conflict"

Hi,
I have recently installed Microsoft Defender on Centos 7 where already have an operational VitalPBX version 3.2.3-8 and Asterisk 18.12.1-1. While I try to install updates on the server via sudo yum update or sudo yum upgrade, I get the following error.

sudo yum update
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror
Loading mirror speeds from cached hostfile
 * base: centos.cu.be
 * epel: mirror.nl.leaseweb.net
 * extras: centos.cu.be
 * updates: centos.cu.be
Resolving Dependencies
--> Running transaction check
---> Package unixODBC.x86_64 0:2.3.7-1.el7 will be updated
---> Package unixODBC.x86_64 0:2.3.7-1.rh will be an update
--> Finished Dependency Resolution

Dependencies Resolved

==============================================================================================================================================================================================================
 Package                                      Arch                                       Version                                        Repository                                                       Size
==============================================================================================================================================================================================================
Updating:
 unixODBC                                     x86_64                                     2.3.7-1.rh                                     packages-microsoft-com-prod                                     213 k

Transaction Summary
Upgrade  1 Package

Total size: 213 k
Is this ok [y/d/N]: y
Downloading packages:
Running transaction check
Running transaction test

Transaction check error:
  file /etc/odbc.ini from install of unixODBC-2.3.7-1.rh.x86_64 conflicts with file from package vitalpbx-3.2.3-8.x86_64

Error Summary
-------------

Anyone has experience the same issue and how do you solve this without breaking voip server?
PS: I am new to Linux, so please bear with me :slightly_smiling_face:
Best regards,
Rudi Khan

So why this:

What are you trying to achieve with ms defender installed on Linux?

It is in our security policy to secure all servers with Microsoft ATP Defender and secondly we will have a overview of all the vulnerabilities.

The conflict is apparent, VitalPBX already provides the above file, and your new repo offers a package that overrides that file.

In short, you cannot install the package unixODBC because has conflicts with VitalPBX.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.