Ringback tone while called party is on the phone now fast busy?

Ringback tone while called party is on the phone now fast busy?
When I call someone who is on their phone the ringback tone is fast busy when set to default in the dial profiles.
When I select default for ringback tone the calling party hears hold music instead of a standard ringback tone.
This is a new development as of the last update to version 3
I just want normal ringback tones whether the called party is on the phone or not.

You can go to the file “/etc/asterisk/vitalpbx/extensions__20-baseplan.conf” and remove the line below from the context “sub-local-dialing

[sub-local-dialing]
 same => n,Set(DIAL_OPTIONS=${IF($[$["${DESTINATION_STATE}"="INUSE"]|$["${DESTINATION_STATE}"="BUSY"]]?${STRREPLACE(DIAL_OPTIONS,r,r(busy),1)}:${DIAL_OPTIONS})})

Do a reload of the dialplan after saving the file.

asterisk -rx"dialplan reload"

Is this the workaround now and will it be fixed in the next release? Thanks

Thanks!
Also I figured out that if I go to each extension and set the dial plan to none it solves the issue as well.

Actually, this is a new feature added in the latest version. Some customers require a busy or call-waiting tone to let their callers know that the callee is currently on a call.

So, in the next version, we will try to implement this as an optional parameter.

1 Like

What is the point of having a busy tone while “ringing”? This appears to be super confusing to callers…

We made this optional on VitalPBX 3.2.3 R6

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Busy Ringtone Not Working

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.