Phonebook 403 on Gigaset Devices

Hi,

we are using a lot (and i mean a lot) of Gigaset Pro DECT Phones with N870 IP Pro Bases and SNOM / Polycom Phones.
We wanted to use the Phonebook Plugin for our company directory but I always get a 403 Forbidden.
As far as I understand this is a security feature. My questions:

• is it possible to allow the Gigaset devices access the phonebook?
  • can the snom and polycom devices have access? We didn’t try yet.
    All devices are in the same subnet and registered to the VitalPBX System

If not, is there another way to provide a xml file to the devices other then the phonebook plugin?

This is a desperately needed feature by us b/c we don’t want to push the company directory manually to all the base stations or, even worse, have multiple ones.

1 Like

We are also interested: +1

Maybe its possible to have a kind of “override” checkbox, where the admin can override the device restriction?

Your idea doesn’t work because even if the PBX returns some data, the format returned won’t match the one expected by your device.

In order to add support for those phones, you have to provide the following:

• User Agent of each Brand.
  • A Phonebook example to generate the required format on VitalPBX.

Thank you very much. I’ll provide this for Gigaset on Monday.

What brands do you support besides Broadsoft? Snom? Polycom? Can’t find any information…

1. SNOM
  2. Grandstream
  3. Yealink
  4. Alcatel
  5. Fanvil
  6. Htek

Thanks!
It is as easy as this:
https://teamwork.gigaset.com/gigawiki/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=902955346

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE LocalDirectory>
<list>
<entry home2="" surname="Lastname" mobile1="" mobile2="" office1="0049123456789" office2="" name="Firstname" home1=""/>
<entry home2="" surname="User" mobile1="0049987654321" mobile2="" office1="" office2="" name="First" home1=""/>
</list>

Useragent? We will provide as soon as possible.

Where should we send it?

According to FAQ Nx70 - User agent - Gigaset PRO - Public Wiki - Confluence the user agent is like

Gigaset N670 IP PRO/83.V2.43.0+build.5f0a106;7C2F80XXXXXX
or
Gigaset N870 IP PRO/83.V2.43.0+build.5f0a106;7C2F80XXXXXX

for the 2 specific types we use. Because they include the Software Version and it changes every 3 Months or so, maybe its easier for you to just look for “Gigaset N*”. All Gigasets (N670 and N870) use the same Software, they just differ in licensing.

Just checked it in the log files, the documentation is right.

According to FAQ Nx70 - Central phone-book. - Gigaset PRO - Public Wiki - Confluence

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE LocalDirectory>
<list>
<entry home2="" surname="Lastname" mobile1="" mobile2="" office1="0049123456789" office2="" name="Firstname" home1=""/>
<entry home2="" surname="User" mobile1="0049987654321" mobile2="" office1="" office2="" name="First" home1=""/>
</list>

If you need someone to test, don’t hesitate to contact me. In Germany, Gigaset is one of the biggest manufacturers of DECT Systems and you will find them in nearly every bigger company.

Kind Regards,
Robert

1 Like

We’ve published a new update of VitalPBX 3, which includes phonebook support for Gigasets NX70.

1 Like

Hi Miguel,

unfortunately I dont have a V3 (I have a V4) but with the help of @mo10 who gave me access to his V3 I was able to test it. It works perfectly. I am really impressed how fast you made this change. Thank you very much.
Any chance to see this feature in V4 soon?

Kind Regards
Robert

No worries, we will make this available in the next update of VitalPBX 4.

1 Like

This was added in the latest version of VitalPBX 4.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.