API Call Diversions DND UPDA apply_changes

@miguel thank you for your input.
There is clearly something happening that will not even allow ping (icmp) to go through. Up to some seconds of downtime. I have addressed this before as well since this can be a big issue on many installations out there.
You could do a remote session if you want to see what is happening there since this will not effect new small installations much but as soon as you have some extensions, routes and so on the downtime will extend. Even if you have the best hardware in the world.

There is clearly something different happening then like in the Web-Gui apply changes.

Maybe if we can not find a solution for the “apply ALL changes” we could have a way to apply certain modules through the API?

Please help accordingly. Thanks.

EDIT, here we go:
firewalld is involved somehow on the “apply changes” API. This will cause the dropouts.
dump_asterisk_c is only at 10% CPU. firewalld at 11%.
After everything is done firewalld is not even found anywhere in TOP. So consuming almost none CPU anymore. Hope this helps finding this.

507 root      20   0  408728  71304   4224 S  11,0  7,0   2:54.73 firewalld
25483 root      20   0  364004  42892  12404 S  10,3  4,2   0:01.31 dump_asterisk_c

Edit2:
When Firewall is disabled, this problem does not happen.

Well said.

“Jerry, this person hates me so much, I’m starting to like’m.”
-George Costanza

@intelesync please stop offending community members and the VitalPBX team. This is a forum for mutual collaboration between the community. We invite you to remove all sarcastic and offensive comments from your post.

The policies of this forum prohibit offensive expressions both to any member of the community and to the VitalPBX team.

We have tried to solve all your requests in the helpdesk. However, it is our policy not to respond to tikeck that contain offensive words.

We invite you to continue using our support platforms in a friendly and clear way.

Hold up now. Exactly what was offensive where I didn’t simply punch back at someone either telling me I’m crazy, technicians responding with the classic “it works for me”, etc? I’m not just going to sit idly by while I get the living hell beat out of me for simply wanting:

A: The problem acknowledged that has been reported for over a year.
B: A fix.

Again, kill the daggum messenger. Gheesh guys. I mean, just gheesh.

The thread has been closed for mis-conduct. You can follow a new thread with regards to the ‘Apply_Changes firewall’ subject here, API apply_changes problem.

1 Like